Anderson Silva is a Brazilian mixed martial artist. Born on April 14, 1975, he is known as “Spider-Man.” He became one of the greatest mixed martial artists in the world. He was ranked as the number 6 contender in middleweight rankings in UFC with 10 title defenses and 6 consecutive wins.
Checking his background
Anderson Silva came from a family which is poverty-stricken. He spent the majority of his childhood life with his uncle and aunt. His uncle is a police officer in Curitiba. Silva trained himself on Jiu-Jitsu from those elite kids that could afford enrolling in that kind training. He simply watched them doing the said training and amazingly learned from it. At the age of thirteen, his family was able to enroll him in Tae Kwon Do lessons. That became his stepping stone to begin his fighting career.
Martial arts beginning
- At the age of 7, he began martial arts.
- He has mastery of Muay Thai striking.
- Silva is a black belter in Judo at the age of 18.
- He is a Jiu-Jitsu black belter.
- He is also a professional boxer.
- He joined the new team Black House.
Anderson Silva’s greatest victory!
- Silva defeated Vitor Belfort at UFC 126 by KO.
He defeated Belfort with a front kick KO by 3 rounds.
- Silva defeated Chael Sonnen at UFC 117 by triangle armbar.
He was hurt by a surprise punch from Sonnen, but it did not stop him from taking the opponent down. The entire fight was great. Sinva still won it.
- Silva defeated Chris Leben at Ultimate Fight Night 5 by KO.
He strikes definitely showed a big difference. This was his UFC debut.
- Silva defeated Rich Franklin at UFC 64 by KO.
This is one of his greatest fights.
- Silva defeated James Irvin at Fight Night by KO.
He continued to jump in the light heavyweight division.
- Silva defeated Nate Marquardt at UFC 73 by TKO.
Nate Marrquardt was believed to be one who has a well-rounded skill in fighting, so it gave Silva a challenge. During the fight, he amazingly struck a left hand to Nate and with that, he won over him.
- Silva defeated Lee Murray at Cage Rage 8 by decision.
Lee Murray is known to be a potential MMA fighter, but Silva managed to attain victory over this one.
- Silva defeated Travis Lutter at UFC 67 by submission.
This is one of his most difficult fights in UFC. However, Silva eventually cornered Lutter in a position that smashed his opponent’s elbow.
Anderson Silva has a striking ability which is considered to be one of the best in MMA. He is a well-rounded fighter who has the knockout power in fighting opponents with several knockdowns, accuracy as well as technically remorseless. He uses strengths in the jab, technical precisions and movement transitions to be effective. His earned ability is made him known as the most difficult fighter to be defeated by the opponents. Silva is indeed a skilled fighter.